Sumary of Delta Air Lines CEO says 90% of employees are vaccinated against Covid without company mandate:
- The Atlanta-based airline’s CEO Ed Bastian earlier this month said about 85% of its staff was vaccinated.
- On Wednesday, Bastian said he expected that rate to rise to about 95% by early November.
- “We haven’t done it with a mandate,” Bastian said in an interview with CNBC’s “Squawk Box.
- It wasn’t to try to force people with the threat of their jobs if companies are doing the right thing,” Bastian said.
- Delta in August announced that it will raise health insurance premiums by $200 a month on staff that aren’t fully vaccinated by Nov.
- Bastian told employees at the time it costs the company, which self-insures its employees, an average of $50,000 every time an employee is hospitalized for Covid.