Sumary of During a pandemic, the outdoors is the safest place you can be. But what if you hate nature?:
- Also, when narrators of true-crime shows start a sentence with, “In a wooded area .
- The journalist and author created the concept of “nature-deficit disorder” to describe kids’ lack of connection with the natural world.
- In his book “Vitamin N: The Essential Guide to a Nature-Rich Life,” Louv recommends finding a “sit spot” — a place that you return to often to just be still, listen, observe and get to know the patterns of that small patch of earth and the life that inhabits it.
- At first, you don’t even have to leave the house: An open window is a good start.
- ”iStock Journalist and author Richard Louv recommends a dose of “vitamin N” for families suffering from social isolation.
- Last year it was discovered that humans, and probably other animals, share genetic mechanisms with prehistoric sea sponges — sea sponges!