Sumary of Eight brilliant Christmas cruises to the world’s best festive markets, from Munich to Memphis:
- CroisiEurope offers a cruise that includes a visit to the Christmas markets in and around Strasbourg, pictured Swap the bratwurst for bredeles (Christmas cookies) on CroisiEurope’s cruise to the markets in and around Strasbourg..
- This fantastic cruise sets sail in December 2022, starting in Basel and heading to Amsterdam via Strasbourg, castle-topped Cochem, and Cologne – all destinations with dazzling markets..
- Another to book for 2022 (three dates in December), this gluhwein-soaked cruise starts in Nuremberg, where you can browse the baubles at Kathe Wohlfahrt, the decorations store that dates back to 1964..
- Avalon Waterways’ six-day Festive Season In The Heart Of Germany starts from £1,538pp, excluding flights (avalonwaterways.co.uk)..
- Starting and finishing in Portsmouth, Bremen and Hamburg are the ports of call for this cruise, which sets sail on November 30..
- In Hamburg there are 30 markets, including one specifically aimed at dogs and another specialising in Scandinavian crafts..
- Olsen Cruise Lines’ six-night German Christmas Markets cruise costs from £699pp, excluding flights (fredolsencruises.com)..
- Koblenz market in Frankfurt, which you can visit on Tui’s five-night Mistletoe And Rhine cruise This sails in November and December, and includes Frankfurt – for an apple wine-fuelled tour of its historic market (first held in 1393);.
- Your mulled wine-scented ship sails from Nuremberg to Frankfurt and will be decorated with Christmas trees and gingerbread houses….