Sumary of Exploring Seattle’s Booming Beer Scene:
- another opening by a well-regarded brewer, Bale Breaker Brewing Company, should happen by summer’s end.
- Cloudburst Brewing has added a satellite taproom to its nearby brewery about one mile west of here.
- A bit farther to the south sits Holy Mountain Brewing, one of the best microbrewers in the nation.
- Like the Robbings, Lara Zahaba, who started Stoup with her husband, Brad Benson, wanted to brew close to the vibrant neighborhoods nearby.
- Walking around the neighborhood one mid-June at noon, the place at first seemed like nothing had changed since I’d lived nearby a decade ago, when practically the only reason to come was in search of a body shop, not a well-built farmhouse ale.
- Sometimes the air shook with the dolorous sound of a big ship’s horn in the nearby Lake Washington Ship Canal.