Sumary of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Is Crafting A Cruise Line Exemption For His Vaccine Passport Ban:
- None has made more headline-grabbing hay than Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, champion of a law prohibiting businesses in his state from verifying the vaccination status of individuals..
- “In Florida, your personal choice regarding vaccinations will be protected and no business or government entity will be able to deny you services based on your decision,”.
- That is extraordinarily bad timing for the restart of Florida $9-billion cruise industry, which has been on pause since March 2020..
- DeSantis signed the new law five days after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) had given the green light for cruise ships to begin sailing from U.S..
- The state of Florida lawsuit against the CDC asked the court to declare the agency “conditional sail order”.
- — the framework for restarting cruising — to be unlawful on the grounds it is unfair to the cruise industry..
- Traditionally, it the federal government — not the state government — that has any interaction with cruise ships..
- “To suggest that it doesn’t have jurisdiction to regulate cruise lines is just utterly preposterous to me.”…