Sumary of Heathrow Express hosts first ever live yoga class held on moving train:
- The class has been developed so travellers of all ages and abilities can perform the exercises safely from their seats – and it’s believed to be the first time a yoga class has taken place on a moving train.
- To get passengers in the right frame of mind, the “Tranquil Train” carriage hosting the sessions was decorated with fresh eucalyptus and lavender to fill the carriage with soothing aromas.
- The initiative was trialled after a study also commissioned by Heathrow Express found more than half of public transport users find travel stressful following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Celest Pereira said: “Travelling can get very fraught – there’s lots going on, lots of things to think about, and it’s very deadline driven – so it can be a very intense experience.
- “By hosting these classes we’re hoping to alleviate those pressures and help passengers be in the present moment, feel less overwhelmed and relieve any muscle tension.
- “There’s no reason why travel can’t be tranquil – and often it’s about training your brain to think a little differently.