Sumary of Here’s How A Haunted House In Virginia Has Become An Annual Halloween Happening:
- The Arc of Loudoun puts on “Shocktober,” a haunted house attraction, throughout October, at Carlheim .
- The Arc of Loudoun and Shocktober Imagine a Halloween attraction being frighteningly good for charity.
- That’s the premise behind Shocktober, an annual haunted house in Virginia’s Loudoun County that benefits The Arc of Loudoun, a nonprofit advocacy organization for people with disabilities and their families.
- Now marking its 11th season in 2021, Shocktober is held at Carlheim Manor in Leesburg, Va.
- Leisure’s 2018 list of the 25 Most Haunted Houses list, Shocktober is said to have entertained more than 17,600 “Shock Fans” since 2019. And since 2010, the event has generated $3.5 million for The Arc of Loudoun.
- A group of Shocktober volunteers portray ghoulish characters inside and outside of a haunted house.