Sumary of Hotel Markets To Cyclists: 128 Bicycles Stored Overnight Record So Far:
- Boot Hospitality veterans Simon Rhatigan and Simon Kershaw are betting that bicyclists will spend big in their new upscale hotel in the North Yorkshire seaside resort of Scarborough.
- There are also cantilevered full bicycles and sculptures made from defunct bike parts and huge wall maps of local cycling destinations such as Dalby Forest, a mountain biker’s delight.
- Bathroom doors in the plush bedrooms and suites sport full-length close-ups of bike gears.
- “In the Yorkshire Dales, you can forget driving a car because you can’t wade through the sheer number of cyclists,” he added.
- Pedal potential Until 2016 when he went into partnership with Kershaw, Rhatigan was managing director of Devonshire Hotels and Restaurants and before that was owner of the award-winning Feversham Arms Hotel and Verbena Spa in Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
- “My son introduced me to cycling’s potential,” said Kershaw.