Sumary of How to plan a last-minute holiday during COVID 19:
- Maybe booking late because of the changing restrictions might make the last-minute holiday more appealing.
- Being flexible with your travel dates will enable you to get better discounts (and this advice applies whether you’re travelling during COVID-19 or not).
- Read The Small Print Check the cancellation restrictions for your airline, tour, and accommodation before booking.
- Check whether your hotel permits you to cancel or amend your reservation at short notice when making your reservation to avoid being caught off guard if travel restrictions in your area change.
- Take Out Travel Insurance At the moment, travel insurance is confusing, with different carriers offering varying degrees of coverage for COVID-related cancellations.
- Whether you currently have travel insurance – such as an annual policy – check the fine print to see if any restrictions and conditions are in place for coronavirus cancellations and interruptions.