Sumary of How To Spot A Sophisticated Phishing Scam Targeting TSA PreCheck Members:
- (Photo by John Moore) Getty Images Show Crane Hassold a typical cyber criminal, and he’ll show you someone who is inherently lazy.
- “What’s really interesting about this is clearly the amount of time that was spent to actually create not only the email, but also the full website itself,” says Hassold, Director of Threat Intelligence at Abnormal Security, a cloud email security platform.
- ” Prior to entering the private sector, Hassold spent 11 years at the FBI, where he helped create the agency’s Cyber Behavioral Analysis Center.
- “I think that most people would look at this and think it looks pretty legitimate,” says Hassold.
- ” This website looks official but it is run by a cyber criminal.
- Crane Hassold/Abnormal Security It is not unusual for a PreCheck member to receive a reminder email from the TSA.