Sumary of IATA calls on governments to ditch quarantine:
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has urged governments to make data-driven decisions to manage the risks of Covid-19 when reopening borders to international travel..
- Strategies without quarantine measures can enable international travel to restart with a low risk of introduction of Covid-19 to the travel destination, the body said..
- “This impedes the freedom of movement, discourages international travel and destroys employment in the travel and tourism sector..
- “Almost 98 per cent of those detained because of universal quarantine measures tested negative for the virus..
- “We now have more than a year of global data that can help governments make more targeted decisions on international travel…