Sumary of Insane spot that’s better than Byron:
- Skyrocketing real estate prices, overcrowded beaches, raucous backpackers, bumper-to-bumper traffic, and expensive, scarce parking makes blissing out in this former utopia much harder than it once was.
- Comprising 12 stylish ensuite motel rooms and slick central outdoor cabana with BBQ area and saltwater swimming pool, the friendly, casual (and affordable) property also offers free bikes and is dog friendly to boot.
- In this spirit, make sure to visit the amazing Crystal Castle en route.
- A reflection of one man’s lifetime passion for crystals, this is one of the top attractions in the area — and for good reason.
- Its sprawling gardens — that offer amazing views across the hinterland — are filled with gigantic Hindu and Buddhist statues, and a collection of, quite literally, the biggest crystals in the entire world.
- An area on the stunning Tweed River in the shade of the North Coast’s tallest mountain, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mt Warning.