Sumary of Lure of coast with the most still strong:
- Locals have a ritual on Burleigh — start at one end of the beach, northern or southern, and walk the length of the small cove, touching the huge stones at either end that frame the surf and sand..
- This snippet of navigational savvy permits an understanding of the immensity of the waterways, rivers and creeks that paint the backdrop of the Coast..
- Choice is part of our sense of wellbeing — a walk on the beach, a meander around Burleigh Bluff and into Burleigh Head National Park, a long linger in a cafe, a visit to HOTA, the Gold Coast City gallery overlooking the canals, or a drive to a lookout..
- From the Tweed in the south that marks the border with NSW to the Coomera River in the north, the coastline weaves a long white-sand shoreline where the littoral zone is home to seagulls and shells, seaweed and shady casuarina..
- Don’t be concerned about choosing from the list of villages that comprise the Coast, dotted like differently coloured and sized spots on a duck egg — they all offer a unique, immersive experience..
- In the old days, in previous years, when friends used to fly in from Europe, I would suggest they choose accommodation on the coastal strip or in the hinterland….