Sumary of Meet The Travel Agent Who Made More Than $250K During The Travel Industry’s Pandemic Lull:
- By Izzy Angeli and Virginia Van ZandtWhen the pandemic docked cruise ships and all but emptied airports, one Miami-based travel agent found a way to boost his bookings and earn four times the national average of travel-agent commissions this past year.
- The travel agency business has been thoroughly disrupted by the Travelocity, Hotel Tonight and hundreds of other online sites that auction off plane seats and hotel beds.
- As a result, fewer people than ever before use travel agents.
- Consider: 82% of all U.S. travel bookings were made without human interaction, usually via an app or website, according to a 2018 Condor Ferry survey.
- Meanwhile corporations have been cutting ties with travel agents.
- Even legendary travel agencies, such as Carson Wagonlit, have been completely rebranded.