Distance: Seven and a half miles
Duration: Allow four hours
Difficulty: Moderate, requiring a good level of fitness
1. Turn right off the road (just past the tennis court), following the bridleway signposted to Danby. Walk past the houses and carry on straight through the woods of Danby Park.
2. Keep straight on, following the Esk Valley Walk waymark.
3. Where the bridleway meets the road, go left along the road (Danby direction).
4. Turn right through the gate (signposted ‘Public Footpath’) and then left through another gate to walk up a fenced path.
5. Cross the wall-stile and turn right down the road. Bear left over the beck (Methodist Church on your left) and immediately right. Turn right at the road, signposted ‘Lealholm, 5½ miles’.
6. After two bridges, turn left up the bridleway by the converted chapel. At the top turn left, following the road.
7. Turn left through the gate, signposted ‘Danby via Moors Centre’. Cross the railway carefully and continue to the road – The Moors National Park Centre.
Want to know more on click here go to tour news source.