Sumary of Neelakurinji Flowers Bloom In Kodagu:
- here in the foothills of the rustic village called Mandalapatti, a spectacle takes place every 12 years.
- A burst of purplish-blue flowers called Neelakurinji carpets the valleys of Mandalapatti;
- Due to the exceptional bloom now,it displays an unending stretch of rolling hills blanketed with tiny purplish-blue flowers.
- It is this time of the year such flowers (also called Neelakurinji in Kerala) with 40-odd varieties, bloom in all their glory.
- Locally, the flowers are called ‘Kumandhari’, ‘Aralupoo’ and ‘Kurrelpoo’.