Sumary of New Hawai‘i Voluntourism Program Has Visitors Giving Back Through Their Hotel Stays:
- The new Mālama Hawai‘i program has partnered the destination’s hotels, tourism boards, nonprofits …
- [+] and public attractions in creating voluntourism opportunities for guests.
- Hawai‘i Tourism Authority / Heather Goodman While visitors to Hawai‘i often come for the scenery, a new tourism program will have them get closer to their surroundings through practicing the Hawai‘ian word, Mālama.
- As a voluntourism initiative created in partnership with the Hawai‘i Visitors and Convention Bureau and the Hawai‘i Tourism Authority, the Mālama Hawai‘i program is designed to encourage mindful travel within the 50th state.
- “As tourism starts to recover, the practice of mālama is more important and relevant than ever,” said Kalani Ka‘anā‘anā, chief brand officer of Hawai‘i Tourism Authority.
- “Partners across the state have come together like never before to coordinate with community organizations and offer unique voluntourism experiences.