Sumary of Revolut, Europe’s $33 billion fintech giant, launches a travel booking feature:
- RevolutLONDON — European fintech giant Revolut is jumping into the travel industry.
- Customers can receive up to 10% cashback on bookings made through Revolut, the company said.
- The move marks a challenge to travel industry giants like Booking Holdings, Expedia and TripAdvisor.
- “As the world begins to cautiously open up, we know everyone is desperate to get away whenever they can — whether it’s to Margate or Mallorca,” said Marsel Nikaj, Revolut’s head of savings and lifestyle.
- “Revolut began life in 2015 as a digital-only banking and payments platform for spending abroad without paying steep currency exchange fees.
- The company has since expanded its offering, rolling out new features for trading shares and cryptocurrency.