Sumary of Road trip every Aussie should do:
- The Southern Highlands region, less than two hours from Sydney, is gearing up for Pie Time — an entire month of events, activities, tours and tastings that celebrate the iconic Aussie food..
- For the entire month of June, picturesque towns across the Southern Highlands will host pie-themed art exhibitions, pie high teas, pie and wine dinner events, cooking classes and bicycle tours while bakeries and eateries churn out their best and most interesting pie creations..
- Because nothing says winter quite like biting into a flaky, steaming pie among the rolling hills and historic cottages of the pretty Southern Highlands..
- Pie Time is also one of the best times to take on the Great Southern Highlands Pie Drive, a winding stretch of country road that takes visitors on a food journey through pie-loving towns and villages like Bowral, Mittagong, Moss Vale, Berrima and Sutton Forest..
- “The Great Southern Highlands Pie Drive is a self-drive itinerary for visitors to spend one or two days in the Southern Highlands while enjoying some of our nation best pies along the way,”.
- A huge variety of pies can be found on the pie drive and showcased during Pie Time, from the vegan pie at Baked in Berrima, the massaman curry beef pie at Gumnut Patisserie, Whey Cafe apple pie with cinnamon and Wensleydale cheese, and the yabby pie in white wine sauce that Samuel Gee Pies and Pastries in Balaclava has created for the occasion..
- — a creative take on traditional high tea featuring sweet and savoury pies — at The Old Bank Boutique Hotel in Mittagong and Peppers Manor House in Sutton Forest • Art of the Pie, an intimate art exhibition and prize at WhiteWall Art Projects in Berrima from June 5-19 • The Sweety Pie &…