Sumary of Secret New Zealand: Top 5 wellness escapes that will change your life:
- From thermal springs and mud baths to stargazing from your own bed, a trip to New Zealand can be exactly what the doctor ordered.
- With its hot, mineral-rich geothermal waters and beneficial mud, Rotorua – on New Zealand’s North Island – has long been revered for its healing properties, travellers from around the world zeroing in on the original home of wellness.
- Enjoy Polynesian Spa, Hell’s Gate Geothermal Reserve and Mud Spa and spend some downtime at Lake Tarawera’s Hot Water Beach, but then take your search for wellness across the country at the following lesser-known spots.
- Forest bathing at Wairua Lodge is a popular choice, as is hiking, cycling and guided sea kayak tours around the coast, but you can also opt to book in for a large range of spa treatments available in the area.
- Don’t miss visiting The Coromandel’s hot pools and thermal springs (there’s a range to choose from).
- Hanmer SpringsDown on the South Island, the picturesque alpine village of Hanmer Springs is famous for its wide range of nature-based activities (everything from horse trekking and forest hiking to jet boating).