Sumary of Seeking out Alaska’s Denali National Park in a summer of overcrowded outdoor spaces:
- By Chris Moody, Cristina Moody A campsite at Wonder Lake looks out toward Mount Denali, the tallest peak in North America.
- This summer, desperate to take a break from the relentless dramas of the world, I began searching for a national park where I could seek refuge.
- After a year of sheltering from the long arm of the coronavirus, Americans collectively longed to be outdoors in massive numbers, and we looked to the nation’s protected natural spaces to scratch the itch.
- This summer, national parks have been more crowded than ever.
- , where, in July, the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee held a hearing on park overcrowding.
- Kristen Brengel, a senior vice president for the National Parks Conservation Association, warned that heightened visitation is bringing newcomers to the park who struggle to know how to behave.