Sumary of Standard international announces appointments of Amber Asher as Chief Executive Officer:
- The Company realigns its executive leadership team for its next phase of global expansion The Standard, the leading boutique hospitality brand, announced today its appointment of Amber Asher to CEO of Standard International, parent company of Standard Hotels, Bunkhouse and Peri Hotels and Amar Lalvani to Executive Chairman.
- Ms. Asher succeeds Mr. Lalvani in the role of CEO in which he served for the past eight years.
- Ms. Asher and Mr. Lalvani have worked side by side for over a decade at The Standard successfully transitioning it from a small founder led brand to a global, multi-brand lifestyle industry leader.
- Alongside Mr. Lalvani, Ms. Asher has played a key role in building Standard International’s team, overseeing the operations of the 17 properties within the portfolio and accelerating the global pipeline, all while navigating the challenges posed by Covid-19 to the hospitality sector and the company.
- Mr. Srettha Thavisin, CEO and President of Sansiri, will remain Chairman of Standard International’s Board of Directors.
- Ms. Asher started her work with The Standard approximately ten years ago as Executive Vice President and General Counsel.