Sumary of Supersonic: Inside the 1,300mph jet that will fly you from New York to London in less than four hours:
- United Airlines has announced that it will buy 15 supersonic planes that can hit speeds of 1,300mph and slash the time it takes to fly from New York to London to 3.5 hours..
- Recommended The supersonic Concorde flew commercial flights from 1976 until October 2003 and Boom says its reinvention of supersonic travel will be 75 per cent more efficient than the iconic jet..
- “The world first purchase agreement for net-zero carbon supersonic aircraft marks a significant step toward our mission to create a more accessible world,”.
- The planes will also use 100 per cent sustainable fuel and is expected to be the first large commercial aircraft that will be net-zero carbon from day one of flying..
- But experts say that a plane of this kind will likely require multiple times more fuel per passenger than a regular airplane uses, and that sustainable aviation fuel is already rare..
- said Dan Rutherford, director of the International Council on Clean Transportation aviation programme “It a super small market already, and trying to combine that with an aircraft that we know will burn a lot of fuel seems really dicey to me.”…