Sumary of The Data Can Teach Us A Lot About What’s Going On Right Now In The Travel World. So Take A Look For Yourself:
- Getty resume traveling by air all you need to do is to somehow get your email address included on the media contacts list of airlines, hotel chains, or the myriad other companies, consulting firms and research organizations..
- Failing that, you can just read through the following high points gleaned from the more than 40 different research-and-analysis-backed story ideas pitched to this one FORBES.com business and travel industry reporter in just the last 21 days..
- Indeed, so many data-loaded story pitches have come in this month that it actually getting hard to make heads or tails of them..
- · Roundtrip airfare prices are up 12% just since April as travel demand, especially for domestic leisure trips accelerates rapidly..
- · Earlier this month rental car shortages in certain parts of the country drove a 300% increase in rental prices in popular vacation destinations such as Arizona, Hawaii and Florida..
- – Bankrate.com research · Roundtrip airfare prices are up 12% just since April as travel demand, especially for domestic leisure trips accelerates rapidly..
- · The top five Memorial Day holiday destinations based on booked and forecast hotel occupancy rates show that all five of those destinations will expect occupancy rates of over 80% in the days leading up to the traditional start of the summer vacation..
- only 11% of passengers surveyed are considering a domestic itinerary that includes at least one connection, most likely to reduce exposure to airport crowds..
- More than one in four (27%) respondents plan to take an international flight this summer, underscoring the lure of global destinations despite continued health concerns…