Sumary of These new travel carry-on bags are on a roll (if you can find them):
- By Christopher Elliott, The newest carry-on luggage, available just in time for the holiday travel season, does more with less.
- It uses recycled plastics, lighter materials and upgraded wheels to make travel as hassle-free as possible.
- Blame the covid supply chain disruptions, says Michele Marini Pittenger, president of the Travel Goods Association, a trade group.
- Krantz says more people are buying carry-ons made from recycled material.
- (Paravel’s $295 Aviator Carry-On Plus has a lining made from upcycled plastic water bottles and a handle made of aircraft-grade recycled aluminum.
- Even though Samsonite’s Outline Pro ($179.99) is the least expensive of the new carry-on bags, it still checks most of the boxes.