Sumary of United Airlines will buy 15 ultrafast airplanes from start-up Boom Supersonic:
- United Airlines is planning to turn the friendly skies into the ultrafast skies with the addition of supersonic jets..
- The carrier announced Thursday it’s buying 15 planes from Boom Supersonic with the option to purchase 35 more at some point..
- “Boom’s vision for the future of commercial aviation, combined with the industry’s most robust network in the world, will give business and leisure travelers access to a stellar flight experience,”.
- Since it was founded in 2014, Denver-based Boom Supersonic has raised $270 million in capital and has grown to 150 employees..
- For founder and CEO Blake Scholl, landing a firm order with a legacy airline validates his vision of bringing back supersonic flights..
- “The world’s first purchase agreement for net-zero carbon supersonic aircraft marks a significant step toward our mission to create a more accessible world,”.
- For United, ordering Boom supersonic jets fits with the strategy Kirby has outlined since becoming CEO a year ago..
- Part of what made buying supersonic jets appealing to United is Boom’s plan to power the planes with engines that will run on sustainable aviation fuel….