Sumary of Why Zara & Mike Tindall summer in Sandringham and not Balmoral with the Queen:
- Zara Tindall gave birth to baby Lucas Tindall on 21 March earlier this year, joining a family of two older sisters, Mia and Lena, aged seven and three respectively.
- Mike and Zara live in a home on Princess Anne’s Gatcombe Park estate, the Princess Royal’s country residence out in Gloucestershire.
- The Queen’s eldest granddaughter spent every Christmas attending Sandringham for the Winter service with her mother Princess Anne and older brother Peter Philips.
- Therefore, she knows the estate well and has continued to spend Christmas there in recent years with her husband and children.
- The Queen has spent the majority of her Christmas holidays at the Norfolk property, with one notable exception being 2020.Queen Elizabeth and the late Prince Philip spent Christmas 2020 in Windsor Castle with a small household staff due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- It was thought to be the first time the couple did not spend Christmas at Sandringham House since the mid-1980s.