Sumary of Winter is right around the corner. Are you ready for ski and snowboard season?:
- By Rachel Walker, Michael Ciaglo Getty Images Breckenridge Ski Resort in Colorado will debut a new chairlift on the north side of Peak 7 — the Freedom SuperChair — in honor of its 60th anniversary.
- ” This means that few, if any, resorts will require reservations to ride chairlifts or to park.
- ) “Last year, we were able to open ski and snowboard resorts because the pandemic protocols that were put in place were science-based and were implemented methodically,” said Adrienne Saia Isaac, marketing and communications director for the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA).
- “It was an all-hands-on deck effort, and the front-line employees kept us open every day.
- ” Now, with widespread vaccinations among guests and many resort companies mandating employee vaccinations, Isaac anticipates that the upcoming season will “be much more of what people saw in the past.
- With so many resorts eager to attract newcomers, you’ll probably find good deals on lessons, gear rentals and even lodging.