Sumary of Yellowstone sets September and year-to-date attendance records:
- That number is 872,695 recreation visits, a National Park Service news release on Tuesday said.
- Busy, busy, busy”Never in Yellowstone’s history have we seen such substantial visitation increases in such a short amount of time,” said Superintendent Cam Sholly in the news release.
- “An influx of visitors is forcing Arches National Park in Utah to temporarily shut its gates almost daily.
- The National Park Service is anticipating one of its busiest summers on record, so Arches won’t be the only popular park where crowds could be an issue.
- This announcement comes as no surprise to people who have been part of the huge waves trying to gain entrance to popular national parks for months now.
- Even into October, Arches still warns potential visitors that “parking lots at trailheads may fill before 9 a.