Sumary of Yosemite park ranger shares heartbreaking plea to visitors to slow down after a bear cub was killed by a car:
- (CNN) — A ranger at Yosemite National Park is pleading to visitors to drive slow and stay alert after another bear was killed by a car.
- “We are seeing a huge increase in bears entering development and getting close to people in their search for food, particularly since many of the best berry patches are in and around the areas where people walk or gather,” reads the park’s latest bear activity report.
- The ranger said they carried the cub off into the woods when an unexpected visitor made their presence be known.
- “From behind me there’s a deep toned but soft sounding grunt.
- “The ranger stated that the mama bear kept calling out to the cub and the calls “sounding more pained each time.
- Every year we report the number of bears that get hit by vehicles, but numbers don’t always paint a picture,” reads the post.